poraComp® green compounds
poraComp® is the clever combination of Poraver® expanded glass and thermoplastic offering the best of both material worlds. By using our functional fillers made of resourcesaving recycled glass, it provides the advantage in sustainability.
for innovations and alternative solutions
poraComp® are high-quality thermo plastics, modified with our inorganic, odorless lightweight fillers based on post-consumer recycled glass. Depending on the requirements, our recycled glass based fillers are incorporated in the form of Poraver® expanded glass microgranules, poraSpheres® hollow glass microspheres or in combination with other fillers and reinforcing materials.
In the production of poraComp® , a wide variety of thermoplastic matrix materials such as polyolefins (PE, PP), technical plastics (PA, PBT, POM, TPE) or even bio-based plastics (PLA, PHA) can be used. High filler content of up to 50% by volume are possible.
The use of sustainable products, waste avoidance and the recycling of valuable materials are the focus of todays society and the plastics industry. Therefore, we focus on recycled glass and the use of recycled plastics as matrix material whenever possible.
The poraComp® compounds produced from these raw materials consist of up to 100 % recycled material.
Score with the poraComp® advantage package and improve the sustainability of your products
Waste glass from the
Poraver® expanded glass
structure inside the grain
glass-polymer compound with syntactic foam structure
The poraComp® advantage package
with a unique focus on sustainability
Besides the high sustainability through the use The poraComp® advantages of secondary raw materials, poraComp® offers versatile synergy effects. The unique combination of Poraver® expanded glass and thermoplastics gives you the best of both material worlds. The poraComp® compounds convince by high quality, outstanding properties and CO₂ savings compared to virgin materials. This exceptional combination of advantages enables the development of next generation products with a unique focus on sustainability.
- Products with improved sustainability due to high recycled content
- High performance compounds with reduced density
- Compounds with improved flame retardancy
- Conductive plastics or other special applications
- Applications in building & construction, automotive, furniture and electrical industries, for consumer goods and household appliances, rigid packaging, transport containers and many more
The poraComp® advantages
- Weight reduction of components by up to 40 % compared to compounds with standard fillers
- Reinforced plastics with high recycled content
- Process cycle times shortened by up to 30 %
- Higher yield due to reduced compound density
- Substitution of compounds with standard fillers or use in combination
- Processing on standard equipment (sheet, pipe or profile extrusion as well as injection molding and 3D printing)
- Minimized shrinkage and reduced warpage
- Improved chemical resistance
- Improved thermal properties
- Increased flame retardancy
- Modification of electrical characteristics
- Optimization of stiffness
- Modification of surface properties
Improved carbon footprint
thanks to our recycled glass filler technology
The relative global warming potential or CO₂ equivalent is a measure of the relative contribution of a substance to the greenhouse effect over a certain period of time. It indicates how much a certain amount of the substance contributes to global warming compared to the same amount of CO₂. For example, the CO₂ equivalent for methane is 28 for a time horizon of 100 years, which means that one kilogram of methane contributes 28 times as much to the greenhouse effect within the first 100 years after its release as one kilogram of CO₂. In comparison, the CO₂ equivalent of Poraver® expanded glass is 0.68 1).
With poraComp® you get a functional solution that significantly improves the properties and the carbon footprint of your products.
By using poraComp® compounds based on polyamide, the CO₂ equivalent per kilogram is reduced by 1.1 compared to nonreinforced polyamide. In comparison with glass fiber reinforced polyamide, the reduction is even higher at around 1.6 per kilogram.
1) Internal database and life cycle assessment of Poraver® according to DIN EN ISO 14040 and 14044 prepared by TÜV Rheinland LGA Products GmbH.
Poraver Kunststoff Center
Test methods & laboratory analysis
In our pilot plant, we combine our knowledge of materials with production know-how and offer you the opportunity for standardized material testing.
Our laboratory for mechanical testing of polymeric materials enables not only common procedures such as tensile and impact strength testing, but also complex material analyses, which are constantly being expanded and upgraded.
We would be pleased to support your project with lab testing - please contact us.
Overview of available test methods
- Tensile properties according to DIN EN ISO 527
- 3point bending test according to DIN EN ISO 178
- Creep behaviour according to DIN EN ISO 899
- Determination of Charpy impact properties according to DIN EN ISO 179
- Indentation hardness according to DIN EN ISO 868
- Score hardness according to VDI/VDE 2616 (Erichsen type 318)
- Bulk density according to DIN EN ISO 60
- Raw density according to DIN EN ISO 1183
- Moisture content according to DIN EN 20287
- Filler content according to DIN EN ISO 3451
- Melt mass flow rate (MFR) and melt volume flow rate (MVR) according to DIN EN ISO 1133
- Flammability test according to UL 94
- Determination of the particle size distribution by laser diffraction according to ISO 13320
- Digital microscopy
Your partner in the development process
We are specialists in the modification and processing of thermoplastics with lightweight fillers made of postconsumer recycled glass. In our research and development work, we focus on current trends, incorporate new ideas and take market requirements into account.
Equipped with the latest plant technology and the relevant analysis possibilities, we are your competent partner for compound and process development. Within the scope of your project, we carry out complex trials on our compounding and injection moulding line. A modular mold tool concept guarantees high flexibility in the production of standardized test specimens or customer-specific components. With our experience, we support you in machine configuration and offer application related support.
Your contact to us
As a team, we offer professional advice and access to our technical center for the development of customer-specific compound formulations.
Get in contact with us!